HomeNews > Article

North Island Open - Update

September 13th 2021

There have been some queries to Manawatu regarding the North Island Open and level 2. The decision below also impacts the North Island v Scotland match.  

At the MSRA meeting last week the Manawatu Executive made a decision that they would only hold the North Island Champs under Level 1.

If we are not in Level 1 by Tuesday 21st September, then the Open will be postponed by one week until the  weekend of 1/2 October.

If we are not in Level 1 by Tuesday 28th September then the event will be cancelled. 

Although Manawatu are happy for us to shoot the match under level 2 we would have more squads to get through as we would have to use alternate mounds i.e. a 10 mound range. We would have to wear masks in the photos and be 2m apart. So shooting this match under level 2 is not practically viable even if those who have to travel are still happy to do so.

Under Level 2 we are required to wear masks when not shooting, keep 2m apart, no visitors, no shared equipment and wipe down/sterilize surfaces after we finish. And of course you must sign-in with the Covid tracer app (or record your name at the front door).